- Publish Date
- Thursday, 30 November 2023, 9:50AM
Flying with Air New Zealand is about to get a whole lot tastier...
After a nationwide search, aka "The Great Kiwi Snack Off" earlier this year invited snack suppliers to submit their products for Air NZ's snack overhaul - the results are finally in and we're looking forward to trying them in the skies from March 2024!
There are 14 new snacks being introduced to Air NZ's on-board menu, from chocolate-dipped pretzels to tangy lemon meringue-coated popcorn, but the current favourite classics are staying too.
“Throughout this whole process, we’ve been amazed by the quality and calibre of suppliers, whether they’re a social enterprise wanting to help a worthy cause, or a family-run business trying to highlight the best local produce – we’ve been extremely impressed and making a decision hasn’t been easy,” says Air New Zealand Chief Customer and Sales Officer Leanne Geraghty.
"We know just how passionate Kiwis are about all things snacks, so we’ve really tried to mix it up with some unusual flavours and textures – from freeze-dried cheese to lemon, white chocolate and popcorn flavour combinations, we wanted to be a bit playful with some of the snack options.”
“We’re really excited by the snacks we’ve selected, and we hope our customers love them as much as we do!”
So fasten your seatbelt, ensure your chair is in the upright position and get ready to treat your tastebuds from March next year!
Take a look at the full snack list here:
- Dipped almonds and nut and chocolate blends.
- Pea puffs real cheese
- Choc wafers and Trail Mix
- Salt & vinegar chips.
- Lemon meringue pie and feijoa cider gourmet popcorn treats
- Milk chocolate-coated pretzels
- Oat-baked squares in choc chip, chocolate brownie, raspberry white chocolate and salted
- caramel flavours
- Rich chocolate treat
- White-choc-coated ginger biscuit
- Cinnamon glazed macadamias
- Original butter cookie or choc chip
- Crunchy cheese
- Primal bar
- Corn puffs churro or bang bang chicken flavour
Current snacks staying on-board:
- CookieTime Cookie (in classic chocolate chip, but with pavlova, Lollie cake, “chocolate fish n chip” flavours also in the pipeline)
- Crisps (Apple Cider Vinegar and Sea Salt, Marlborough Sea Salt flavours)
- Bliss bites
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you