- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 8:06AM
Idris Elba has just revealed he has tested positive for coronavirus.
The British actor took to Twitter to share with his fans that he tested positive for Covid-19 and has been isolating since he found out he had "possible exposure" to COVID-19.
"This morning I tested positive for Covid 19," he tweeted. "I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing. No panic."
Idris also posted a two-minute long video alongside his wife Sabrina Dhowre Elba, who he said had not been tested for the virus.
In the video, he urged his 2.7 million followers to take COVID-19 serious and practice social distancing and washing hands.
"So look, this morning I got some test results back for coronavirus and it came back positive.
"It sucks," he says.
"Yeah, I'm doing okay Sabrina [his wife] hasn't been tested, and she's doing okay."
He says he did not have any symptoms.
The 47-year-old actor - who has Isan, 18, and Winston, five, from previous relationships - went on to insist that their families and colleagues have been very supportive and has hailed "transparency" as the key.
Fellow Hollywood star Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have also been confirmed to have the virus, with the star recently revealing he is taking things "one-day-at-a-time" as they recover in Australia.