- Publish Date
- Friday, 25 June 2021, 9:57AM
After having to delay his two remaining Auckland concerts due to the global pandemic, Sir Elton John has given fans an update on his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour.
The two performances - which were rescheduled to January next year - will be taking place on Friday 27 January and Saturday 28 January in 2023.
Taking to social media to announce his rescheduled tour dates, the 74-year-old said: "I'm going to go out in the biggest possible way, performing at my very best, with the most spectacular production I've ever had, playing in places that have meant so much to me throughout my career.
"I can’t wait to see you all on the road one last time.
"This has been an incredible tour so far, full of the most amazing highs, and I look forward to making more wonderful memories with you at these final shows.
"To all my friends Down Under," Elton added, "we'll be seeing you too."
Photo / Supplied
The 'Rocket Man' hitmaker said delays to the European and North American tours had caused the further delay to the New Zealand dates.
The music legend was forced to cut his February concerts short last year, leaving the stage about two thirds of the way through his Mt Smart gig, after contracting "walking pneumonia" and losing his voice.