George Clooney reveals his "disaster" film that nearly killed his career

Publish Date
Tuesday, 20 October 2020, 3:13PM

He is one of Hollywood's biggest stars, but George Clooney says one disastrous movie had people refusing to work with him.

The actor said the film industry ridiculed him after he starred in the 1997 film Batman & Robin.

"After Batman & Robin I realised I was going to be held responsible for the movie, not just for the performance," he told The Sun.

In 2017, George Clooney called the movie a "disaster" in an interview on The Graham Norton Show.

"I thought at the time this was going to be a very good career move. Um, it wasn't," he said.

23 years after its release, Batman & Robin remains one of the most controversial films in the Batman canon.

Since then, there have been 7 more films in the Batman franchise, including The Dark Knight (2005) and The Joker (2019).

Those two films alone grossing over $2 billion wordwide. 

This article was originally published by NZ Herald and reproduced here with perrmission.