- Publish Date
- Friday, 13 August 2021, 1:46AM
It's hard to believe it has been seven years since the world lost the incredibly talented Robin Williams.
Paying tribute to his dad on the anniversary of his death, Robin's son Zak Williams took to social media to share a touching post about his famous father.
Alongside a photo of the late comedian, the 38-year-old wrote: "Dad, seven years ago today you passed on.
"The joy and inspiration you brought to the world carries on in your legacy and in your family, friends, and fans you so loved," he continued.
"You lived to bring laughter and to help others. I will be celebrating your memory today. Love you forever."
Zak is the son of actress Valerie Velardi, who was married to Robin for a decade from 1978 to 1988. They starred together in 1980 film Popeye.
The iconic actor and star of such films as Good Morning Vietnam and Mrs Doubtfire took his own life in 2014, at the age of 63.
Where to get help
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.