- Publish Date
- Friday, 8 May 2020, 4:40PM
Isolation and lockdown have been pretty tricky, but Mel has an easy idea to make your time at home just a little sweeter. A lot sweeter in fact because this mug cake recipe is gooey, moist and so incredibly lush!
The recipe comes from the blog page 'Just A mum' which is filled with a number of helpful parenting tips and a lot of fantastic recipes. Anna, the curator of the page said, "I almost feel bad about sharing this recipe with you. It could be dangerous knowing that in under 5 minutes you can have a decadent saucy dessert, perfect for those late-night cravings, simply mix together the ingredients, sprinkle over the sauce components and bake for 1 and a half minutes, way too easy!"
So, here's the Recipe!
- 3 Tablespoons Plain White Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Oil (or melted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- In a small bowl add the flour, sugar, 1st measure of cocoa powder and baking powder and stir well.
- Add to this the milk, oil and vanilla essence and mix until fully combined
- Pour into a microwave-proof oversized mug or dessert bowl (it will rise during baking)
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar and second measure of cocoa powder
- Carefully pour over the hot water
- Cook in the microwave for 1 and a 1/2 minutes, remove carefully once cooked
- Serve warm with ice cream, cream, custard or a delicious dessert sauce!
Handy Tip: Use an oversized mug or dessert bowl as it will rise and could overflow during cooking!
Click HERE to see the Full Recipe and To check out the 'Just a Mum' Website.