- Publish Date
- Friday, 11 October 2019, 6:07PM
Allyson Gofton's deli-style tortellini frittata is a great picnic basket filler.
Plus, it's easy to make and so so delicious!
- 10 grams thick-cut pancetta or bacon
- 1 chopped small onion
- A dash of oil
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup milk or cream
- 100 grams crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried
- 300 grams of tortellini
- Pepper to season
- ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Pan-fry pancetta or bacon and onion in a dash of oil in a frying pan, until the pancetta is crispy and the onion tender.
- Beat eggs with milk or cream. Stir in feta cheese, semi-dried tomatoes, oregano, the cooked onion and pancetta.
- Cook tortellini until al dente. Drain well. Stir through the egg mixture and season with pepper.
- Pour into a lined 23cm cake tin (not spring-form). Sprinkle over parmesan cheese. Bake at 180ºC for around 35-40 minutes or until the frittata is set.