- Publish Date
- Friday, 22 November 2019, 6:08PM
This Allyson Gofton recipe is a perfect summer dessert!
It's simple, light and fruity ... plus the addition of rosewater gives it a beautifully unique flavour.
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 500 grams rhubarb, washed and chopped
- 250 grams (1 punnet) strawberries
- 2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- Stir ½ cup of sugar with the water in a saucepan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the rhubarb and poach gently for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add the strawberries, turn off the heat and stand until cool. Mouli or sieve to make a very smooth puree. Taste and sweeten with remaining ¼ cup sugar, if necessary. The puree needs to be on the sweet side.
- Whip together the cream and rosewater to form firm, soft peaks. Do not overwhip.
- Swirl together the fruit puree and cream. Serve in tall glasses, garnished with extra poached rhubarb, if wished.