- Publish Date
- Saturday, 15 April 2023, 2:00AM
Eloise Head, known online as Fitwaffle, is the baker, content creator and bestselling author behind some of social media’s sweetest hits.
Her cookbook, Fitwaffle’s Baked in One, is a collection of 1000 quick, easy and delicious desserts using just one tin. This Banoffee blondie recipe is a decadent taster...
These blondies are bursting with flavour. They taste of banana bread, mixed with a thick, fudgy caramel blondie, and have a hint of cinnamon flavour, with sweet white chocolate chips and a smooth caramel swirl throughout. They’re dense and super fudgy. I love to eat these cold, but feel free to heat them up to make them warm and gooey if you prefer.
160g unsalted butter, melted
250g light brown sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g plain (all-purpose) flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
150g white chocolate chips
100g thick ready-made caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) and line a 20cm (8in) square baking tin with nonstick baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the melted butter and sugar until fully combined. Then beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
3. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the flour, salt and cinnamon until just a few streaks of flour remain. Then fold in the mashed banana until just combined, followed by the white chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the batter into your prepared tin and smooth it out evenly to the edges. Dollop the caramel onto the top, then swirl it through the batter with a knife.
5. Bake for 20–25 minutes until the edges are light brown and the middle no longer wobbles. Leave to cool in the tin for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Edited extract from Fitwaffle’s Baked In One by Eloise Head. Published by Ebury Press, $50. Photography by Faith Mason for Reset.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you