- Publish Date
- Thursday, 11 April 2019, 4:43PM
It’s a question that gets asked a lot, what is the secret to a happy marriage?
Well, it turns out there are a few simple things that you can do every day that will help your relationship grow stronger and last the distance.
A list was compiled by Cosmopolitan of some important things couples should always remember to do, and more than a few of them are completely spot on.
15 secrets of couples who stay together forever:
- Never underestimate the value of asking your partner how their day went.
- Some fights are just fights. They don't have to be deal breakers.
- Accept that relationships come with obligations.
- Kiss hello before doing anything else when you get home. Kiss good-bye when you leave.
- Treat their family like yours.
- More "I love you"s are better than fewer.
- Be sympathetic when your significant other is sick.
- Take on more of the errands/household chores when the other one is swamped at work.
- Don't make jokes at each other's expense.
- Be on time.
- Keep each other informed of your individual plans.
- Respond to each other's texts and calls.
- Choose not to fight when you travel.
- Be spontaneous.
- Love each other unconditionally.