- Publish Date
- Sunday, 2 October 2022, 10:54AM
We don't know about you, but we love a good boozy dessert!
And with Christmas fast approaching, what better time to start perfecting your trifle recipe than now?
This Baileys Brownie Trifle is the perfect indulgent adults-only treat.
Filled with rich chocolate brownie, vanilla and chocolate custard, whipped cream, espresso, and a splash of Baileys, it's absolutely delicious, decadent, and a little boozy!
- 500ml vanilla custard
- 100g dark chocolate
- 400g chocolate brownies
- 2tbsp espresso coffee
- 150ml Baileys
- 125g chocolate malt biscuits
- 500ml double cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- extra chocolate, for grating (optional)
- Place the vanilla custard in a saucepan along with the chocolate. Melt together over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool and cover with cling film to prevent a skin from forming.
- Place the brownies in a bowl and break them up a little. Then pour over 100ml Baileys and the coffee. Set aside to soak.
- Place the malt biscuits in a bag and bash with a rolling pin to break up into small pieces.
- Next place the cream, icing sugar and remaining Baileys in a bowl. Whisk to form stiff peaks.
- To assemble the trifles; layer up the brownies, followed by the malt biscuits, chocolate custard and Baileys cream. Repeat then top with a little grated dark chocolate.
- Chill for half an hour before serving.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you