- Publish Date
- Friday, 1 September 2023, 9:23AM
Get ready to treat the father figures in your life to a sensational dessert with Whittaker's Chocolate Chai Spiced Cheesecake – the ultimate recipe to make Father's Day just a little bit more special.
340g Gingernut biscuits (or any other packet biscuits)
180g Butter, melted
275g (1 Cup + 1 Tbsp) Cream, cold
340g Cream cheese, room temperature
75g (¾ Cup) Icing sugar
1 tsp Vanilla paste (or essence)
Chai spices - 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1 tsp Ginger, 1 tsp Cardamom, ½ tsp Allspice
½ tsp Salt
200g Whittaker's 72% Dark Ghana chocolate (62% Dark Cacao or 50% Dark Block also work well)
½ cup (130g) Cream
Shaved Whittaker's 72% Dark Ghana chocolate
Cinnamon twill (optional)
Cinnamon to dust
- To make base place biscuits into food processor until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and continue to blitz until combined (it should look like wet sand).
- Pour mixture into a lined spring form tin. Press the mixture down so it is even on the using the back of a measuring cup or an offset pallet knife. Place into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile to make filling whip first measure of cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, spices and salt on a medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture in two parts and mix to combine (be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl well).
- Add the second measure of cream into the mixture and beat to combine.
- Finally fold the reserved whipped cream into the mixture in two parts, careful not to deflate the mixture when mixing.
- Pour into the tin and bang the tin a few times to remove any bubbles. Use the back of a spoon or an offset pallet knife to smooth out the top of the cheesecake.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours or ideally overnight.
- To decorate, top with shaved chocolate, crystallised ginger, cinnamon twills or other toppings of your choosing.
- Store in fridge and remove leave at room temp of 30 mins before serving.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you