- Publish Date
- Friday, 19 May 2023, 10:20AM
If you’ve been looking for the perfect recipe to use up any leftover mashed potatoes - this is the dish for you!
Your taste buds will be forever grateful for these one-of-a-kind bombs. Each crispy, bacon-wrapped bomb is bursting with creamy, smooth mashed potatoes and dripping with melted cheese! YUM!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approximately 8 large bombs
2 cups mashed potato, chilled
1 packet of bacon
Cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese), cut into 1″ chunks
1/2 cup of dry breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for frying
Sour cream for dipping.
1. Heat oil in a saucepan or deep fryer.
2. In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, egg, and salt and pepper until well blended.
3. Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and form it around a cheddar cheese cube, making a bomb shape.
4. Place the bread crumbs into a shallow bowl, and roll the bomb evenly in the crumbs.
5. Wrap the bomb with one slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
6. Fry the bomb in the oil for approximately 3-4 minutes (use your own judgement, making sure the bacon is thoroughly cooked and the bombs are golden on all sides).
7. Let the bomb drain of excess oil and cool off for a few minutes.
8. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Recipe from www.ohbiteit.com.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you