- Publish Date
- Friday, 25 June 2021, 4:42PM
Want a homemade dog treat recipe that your pooch will love? Try these pupcakes!
Because after all, dogs like cupcakes too!
Makes: Around 12-14 pupcakes
2 ¾ cups water
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
¼ cup oats
¼ teaspoon vanilla
4 cups wholemeal flour
1 cup dried apple pieces – you can also use fresh fruit
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 SPCA Blue Tick egg, beaten slightly
4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl .
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly, scraping well to make sure no dry mixture is left.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 1 ¼ hours. Insert a toothpick into the centre of a pup cake and if it comes out dry, they are ready to come out of the oven.
- Wait until cooled before serving one to your pup. Store leftovers in a sealed container.
Please be careful not to over-feed your dog or puppy. The SPCA does not recommend feeding pupcakes to dogs with special dietary needs, on specialised diets or who are particularly sensitive to any foods. If in doubt, please check with your vet.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you